Snow blower Champion ST1074BS
The Champion ST1074 BS self-propelled gasoline snow blower is designed to clear small areas of fresh, wet and icy snow. It is suitable for cleaning yards and adjacent areas of private property as well as clearing driveways. However, this unit is popular among utility workers. The Champion ST1074 BS snow blower can easily clear sidewalks, parking alleys and courtyards of multi-story administrative and residential buildings.
Snowplow Champion was released in 2006. The brand is of Russian origin, although its production facilities are now concentrated in China. The company works closely with many global garden equipment manufacturers and sources components for their products from them. In particular, the Champion ST1074 BS snow blower is equipped with an engine from the American company Briggs & Stratton.
In terms of the combination of price and quality, Champion’s products are unique in the domestic market. Today the ST1074 BS model is sold in Russia at a price of 69 rubles.
The device has excellent performance features that enable professional use. However, the main purpose of the Champion ST1074 BS is to clean private courtyards.
Advantages of the snow blower ST1074 BS:
- manual in Russian;
- Stylish design and ergonomic body;
- Reliable, powerful Briggs & Stratton 1450 Snow Series engine;
- Convenient location of management tools;
- Spacious bucket equipped with a two-blade auger with notches;
- Remote control of the discharge chute;
- presence of lighting and function of heated grips;
- Handsfree option.
|Model snow blower
|Briggs & Stratton 1450 Snow Series
|Engine power, HP
|Number of gears (forward/reverse)
|6 / 2
The instruction manual, specifications and details of the ST1074BS snow blower can be found here: Your browser does not support frames
Download Champion ST661BS, ST1074BS Snow Blower User Manual
The buyer of the Champion ST1074BS snow blower should understand that he is purchasing a very complex device, the operation of which requires technical knowledge and skills.
Before starting the snow blower for the first time:
- When purchasing a snow blower, do a thorough inspection and make sure there are no visible damages and malfunctions.
- Check that the delivery of the device is complete;
- After purchasing, you should first familiarize yourself with the device of the Champion st1074bs snow blower, study the maintenance and operating instructions;
- When working on self-propelled snow blowers, it is important to follow safety rules: read them and always follow them;
- Assemble your snow blower according to the instructions:
- Install control lever: fasten with screws and nuts;
- Assemble the discharge chute and remote control handle;
- Install a skid that adjusts the height of the snow fence;
- Check tire pressure (1.4 bar.)
- Refuel the Champion st1074bs snow blower with AI-92, 95 high octane gasoline;
- Pour oil into the engine crankcase.
Air-cooled four-stroke gasoline engines require good lubrication. To do this, it is necessary to use special low temperature engine oils. The manufacturer recommends the mineral winter oil Champion SAE 5W30.
When driving the Champion ST1074BS Snow Blower forward or backward, do not attempt to push or pull it in the opposite direction. Such operator behavior can lead to damage to the chassis drive.
Perform the following operations during operation:
- Place the shift lever in the neutral position;
- Start the engine according to the manufacturer’s instructions;
- Warm up the engine: let it idle for 2-3 minutes;
- Use the handle to adjust the direction of snow throwing;
- Use the discharge chute to adjust the snow discharge distance;
- Set the desired speed of the snow blower;
- Press the handle on the right handle and start the drill by holding it down.
- Adjust the speed of the Champion st1074bs snow blower depending on the depth and complexity of the snow cover.
Important: When changing gears, you must let go of the clutch handle.
To stop operation, follow these steps:
- Release the lever on the right handle and stop the rotation of the auger;
- Release the clutch handle and move the speed selector to the neutral position;
- Allow the engine to idle for 1-2 minutes before stopping;
- Stop the engine;
- Clean snow, ice and other debris from the auger, discharge chute, impeller and wipe the device with a dry cloth.
At the end of the season, the Champion st1074bs snow blower must be mothballed. To do this, lubricate, drain oil and gasoline, wipe dry. Store the device in a dry, well-ventilated place.
Champion Snow Blower Overview
Champion Snow Blower Overview
Champion ST1074BS snow blower in the test
Nikita Knyazev, 38 years old, Murmansk region:
“In our area this is irreplaceable. I don’t understand how I ever got along without a snow blower. My champion st1074bs has been running for four seasons now. No serious defects were identified. For all this time the button for turning the snow ejection came out – moisture got in. In principle, this is my post – I was too lazy to wipe the case, the snow melted and had to be repaired.
Denis Prokhorovskikh, 56 years old, Siberian Federal District:
“I really like the balance of the case. Despite the impressive weight of 93 kilograms, it is easy to handle, no special efforts are required. I was pleased with the feature of locking the wheels for more comfortable rotation. The engine starts great in any weather. I have never used an electric starter, but I constantly turn on the heater on the grips.
Ivan Sysoev, 43 years old, Arkhangelsk:
“I’ve been using it for four years. No particular defects were identified. Every conceivable bell and whistle is there: from good lighting to wheel locks. There can be no complaints about the engine – an American. Powerful 16-inch wheels hold the surface well, but lack weight – sometimes they still slide. Advantages: reliable motor, heated grips, wheel locks. Disadvantages: none found. ”