Chainsaw Poulan 2150
Poulan 2150 is one of the best-selling models in its class. The Poulan chainsaw is compact in size, light in weight and has a stylish, modern design. The device belongs to the household class and can be used for harvesting and sawing firewood, landscape design, garden and hedge maintenance. Medium-power engine (1.8 kW) and low weight (4.7 kg) allow the Poulan 2150 chainsaw to be used in the construction and repair of residential buildings, sheds, bathhouses, gazebos, garages and other utility premises.
In their reviews, the owners of the tool highlight the high build quality and reliability of this tool. The popularity of the Poulan 2150 chainsaw is due to the following characteristics:
- Pistons and cylinders are chrome-plated, which significantly increases the service life of the engine;
- Two-stage air purification system;
- Economical engine with a large reserve of torque;
- Chain catcher made of steel, is triggered when the saw chain breaks;
- Ergonomic housing made of impact-resistant plastic.
Poulan was founded in the United States in the final years of World War II when the demand for compact household tools was increasing worldwide. The founder of the company, Claude Paulan, assumed that the renovation of old houses and the construction of new ones would soon begin and that people would need tools for woodworking. This is how Poulan chainsaws appeared on the world market. Thanks to a reasonable pricing policy and high-quality products, the company’s products have gained popularity not only in the United States, but far beyond America.
Until recently, all Poulan chainsaws were assembled in an American factory in Nashville. Recently, information emerged that the company has moved part of its production facilities to China, where the Poulan 2150 model is also produced. All products assembled in China meet the company’s internal quality standards and have the appropriate American and European certificates. In the post-Soviet market, a Poulan 2150 chainsaw can be bought for $100 – $120.
Basic equipment of the model
- Russian-language manual, product passport and warranty card;
- Plastic case for storing and transporting the device;
- The body of the product with a gasoline engine;
- saw tires;
- Protective cover for the guide rail;
- metal stop;
- saw chain;
- Set of universal assembly keys.
Every buyer of a new unit will receive a package with the necessary paper documents. In the electronic version, the description of the Poulan 2150 chainsaw, its specifications and the user manual are available here:
Download the user manual for the Poulan 2150 chainsaw
Carburettor maintenance and adjustment
The main complaints of users of this Poulan model relate to the fact that the engine starts and may stall, run erratically or with dips.
First of all, we recommend paying attention to the air filter. It must be thoroughly cleaned and, in some cases, washed in gasoline. Most often, after this procedure, engine performance improves, but breakdowns and drops in speed can still be observed.
In this case, we cannot do without adjusting the carburetor. The adjustment procedure is carried out through three screws, marked L (regulates the quality of the mixture at idle), H (responsible for the quality of the mixture at high speeds) and screw T, responsible for the engine idling.
- At the first stage of carburetor assembly, we tighten the screws L and H to the stop, and then turn them back a turn and a half;
- We try to start the engine. If this fails immediately, we repeat the attempts, first turning the screw T by ¼ turns until we start the engine;
- We warm up the engine for 8-10 minutes, then using the screw H we increase the engine speed to the maximum and turn the screw from this point a quarter turn;
- With the idle screw we return the engine speed to normal;
- We check the throttle response of the engine by running it in different modes.
For more details on the procedure for adjusting the carburetor on the Poulan 2150 chainsaw, see here:
Pros and cons
- Reliable high-speed engine with a large engine resource;
- High quality saw set included;
- The presence of a primer for pumping fuel into the carburetor;
- Good body balance
- Chrome-plated piston group;
- Multipoint anti-vibration system on steel springs.
- Carburetor settings are often lost;
- Consumes high quality fuels and lubricants;
- It is difficult to buy original spare parts.
Video review of the Poulan 2150 chainsaw
Poulan 2150 chainsaw repair:
Poulan 2150 in action:
Poulan 2150 chainsaw does not start
Nikolai Astakhov, 44 years old, Primorsky Krai:
I bought a Poulan 2150 saw four years ago. I use it regularly, mainly for harvesting and sawing firewood. My congregation is still American according to the documents. No particular problems were identified during this period. The engine runs normally, the bar and chain are of acceptable quality. For the whole time I adjusted the carburetor a couple of times and bought a couple of chains.
Victor Rybak, 43 years old, Arkhangelsk region:
The Poulan saw was bought as an American one, but it turned out to be of Chinese manufacture. However, in terms of the quality of the parts and the assembly of the device, everything is quite acceptable. The engine is almost unkillable. I seriously loaded it – it saws perfectly. Of course, it wasn’t without problems during this time. The most important is the carburetor. It needs to be adjusted regularly. The Poulan 2150 chainsaw is very susceptible to air filter contamination: it is a little dirty, and the speed is already hovering.
Advantages of the Poulan model: price, high quality motor, no vibration;
Disadvantages: Carburetor settings often go wrong, Poulan reacts strongly to air filter contamination.