The Husqvarna 142 chainsaw is a budget modification assembled by the famous Swedish company Husqvarna, which has occupied a leading position in the world market. The history of the company began in 1689, in 1970 they began to produce chainsaws, at the same time the company began to produce garden and construction tools, equipment. Until 1970, the main specialization of the Husqvarna brand was weapons for the army.
Husqvarna 142 chainsaw tested
In its characteristics, the Husqvarna 142 household chainsaw comes as close as possible to semi-professional devices from the same manufacturer. With its help, you can remove old trees, cut crowns, branches, clear household areas of bushes, saw boards and logs.
The Husqvarna 142 chainsaw combines ergonomics and reliability. high manufacturability and increased safety. The mass of the unit without the saw set is 4.6 kg. The 2.6-stroke carburetor engine provides the saw with XNUMX liters of power. With. The starting system is lighter, the updated carburetor contributes to better mixing of gases – more complete combustion of fuel, reduced exhaust gases, fuel economy. The chainsaw is started with an inertial starter. The chain is lubricated automatically, the anti-vibration dampers and the braking system ensure maximum safety during operation. Double air purification allows you to increase the resource of filter elements and reduce fuel consumption.
Important! The manufacturer has equipped the chainsaw with a 38 cm guide bar and a 64-link chain, but it is possible to use a larger or smaller headset.
|The birthplace of the brand||Sweden|
|Power, hp (kW)||2.6 (1.9)|
|Cubic capacity, sm3||40.2|
|chain pitch, inches||0.325|
|chain thickness, mm||1.3|
|Number of links, pcs||64|
|Fuel tank volume, l||0.41|
|Oil tank volume, l||0.2|
|Tire length, cm (inches)||38 (15)|
- belongs to the class of household appliances;
- forged crankshaft engine;
- chromed cylinder liner;
- Rated power 2.6 liters. With.;
- Walbro carburetor;
- easy start;
- easy access to filters;
- chain lubrication;
- double air purification;
- weighs little;
- electronic ignition;
- anti-vibration protection;
- chain catcher;
- braking system;
- semi-automatic damper control;
- availability of spare parts;
- Do-it-yourself repair;
- Environmental friendliness.
You can also check out Husqvarna 135 chainsaw review.
User manual for the chainsaw Husqvarna 142
The instruction manual must be included in the kit of the petrol device. It contains all the necessary information about the Husqvarna 142 chainsaw that the owner of the device needs to know:
- The chain saw “Husqvarna” 142.
- Saw assembly.
- The kit includes.
- Features of the Husqvarna 142 chainsaw.
- Ways to work.
- Preparing the chainsaw for work.
- Run-in time.
- Technical data.
- Husqvarna chainsaw 142 malfunctions.
In the complex:
- saw chain;
- protective cover;
- universal key;
- chain oil container;
Before starting the sawing work, the owner of the equipment must properly prepare the fuel mixture: 50/1 is the recommended ratio. This means that for 1 liter of unleaded gasoline of grades AI-90-92, 0.1 liters are taken. Husqvarna 2-stroke engine oils.
How to properly prepare a gas tool for work:
- Assembly of chainsaw, assembly of guide and chain, chain tension.
- Filling the chainsaw with fuel and chain oil in the appropriate containers.
- The chainsaw is started according to the instructions in the manual.
- The brake system is checked, the saw is idling and the supply of chain oil is checked, if necessary the carburetor of the Husqvarna 142 chainsaw is adjusted.
The run-in time is approx. 10 hours. At this point, the tool is running at half power.
Running in Husqvarna chainsaws
Maintenance of chainsaw Husqvarna 142
When carrying out technical inspections and maintenance, particular attention should be paid to:
- Cleaning the device after each use;
- spark plug;
- chains (must be sharpened in time);
- asterisk (must be replaced regularly);
- Do not empty oil and fuel tanks;
- tires – the quality of the cut depends on its condition;
- Carburettor – it may need cleaning or adjustment.
We offer you to see how to replace the sprocket on the Husqvarna chainsaw with your own hands
Adjusting the carburetor in a chainsaw may be necessary if the operator experiences idle problems.
This process consists of several phases:
- Start the saw, turn the high and low speed adjustment screws until they stop. turn back 1.5 turns;
- Warm up the saw for about 10 minutes. Adjust the idle speed with the idle screw. With the correct settings, the chain will not move on the bar when idling;
- Check the saw for acceleration. When you press the gas pedal, the speed should increase quickly.
This video shows you how to adjust the carburetor of a Husqvarna chainsaw
Chainsaw does not start
- the fuel tank is empty;
- inferior mixture;
- ignition problems;
- the piston group is out of order;
- carburetor adjustment required;
- no spark on the candle;
- Filters are clogged.
The saw starts and stops:
- the filters are clogged;
- carburetor not adjusted;
- does not touch the ignition.
We offer you to download the original version using the link Husqvarna 142 chainsaw manual.
Overview of the Husqvarna 142 chainsaw
Husqvarna 142 chainsaw reviews
Valery, 40 years old
I am satisfied with the chainsaw, it has been working for 5.4 years, I have not changed anything except for the star and the headset. Husqvarna is irreplaceable in my household. Very comfortable, does not delay hands, simple and unpretentious. The instructions in the kit are not in Russian, I downloaded the translated version from the Internet. Understood.
Advantages: excellent performance, can be used anywhere wood is processed, not heavy.
Cons: The tire is quite weak as I changed 2 tires all the time.
Igor, 34 years old
My Husqvarna chainsaw is only a year old, but I’ve done a great job with it: I’ve removed bushes from a newly acquired property, cut down three trees, cut logs into logs for the stove, built a shower, that roof sealed. This doesn’t count the little ones: they cut off there, they drank there.
Pros: Husqvarna is comfortable, compact and has good performance.
Disadvantages: Expensive, but worth it.
Valentine, 44 years old
Husqvarna 142 bought last summer. At first I suffered with the starter, the gas, the run-in passed and it started to work better. Fuel consumption is average, the tire works on its own, I bought a second chain so as not to interrupt the flow of work. I work a lot, I help myself and my neighbors around the house.
Advantages: good cut, powerful.
Disadvantages: the tire is rather weak, initially suffered a lot with the saw factory, then it weakened.