The Husqvarna 440 chainsaw is a product of the world-famous Husqvarna company, which occupies a leading position in the manufacture of garden equipment and tools, as well as structural units. Originally founded in 1689 as a gun factory, Husqvarna didn’t start manufacturing gas tools and other units until 1970.
Husqvarna 440 chainsaw review
The Husqvarna 440 chainsaw weighs 4.4 kg without accessories. Its two-stroke petrol engine, developed with X-Torq technology, delivers 2.45 hp and contributes to fuel savings (by 20%) and a reduction in exhaust emissions (by up to 70%). It features a centrifugal air cleaning system that extends filter life and an inertia starter with Smart Start system.
The saw has the LowVib® anti-vibration system, which dampens vibrations during operation, and side chain tensioning. The fuel mixture is fed to the carburetor through a primer, and the chain oil is fed automatically, although the feed is not adjustable. The saw can work with guide bars from 33 cm to 46 cm in length and chains are chosen depending on tire selection.
|Chainsaw Husqvarna 440|
|Bus length||38cm / 15″|
|fuel tank volume, l||0,37|
|Cylinder volume, cc||40,9|
|chain pitch, inches||0,325 “|
|link thickness, mm||1,3|
|Noise level, dB||114|
- Household purpose;
- Engine power 2.45L. with.;
- X-Torq motor;
- Easy start;
- Centrifugal air purification Air Injection;
- LowVib® damping system for vibration damping;
- Economical fuel consumption;
- Belt inertia chain brake;
- Primer pump for fuel.
You can also get acquainted with the review of the device of the same model series – chainsaw Husqvarna 353.
User manual for Husqvarna 440 chainsaw
The instruction performs an introductory mission and tells the Husqvarna chainsaw owner basic information about the tool, namely:
- Features of the Husqvarna 440 model.
- Security requirements.
- Sawing methods.
- Preparing the chainsaw for work.
- Break-in time.
- Technical service.
- Troubleshooting and troubleshooting.
- Chainsaw Husqvarna 440.
- Cutting equipment (chain and saw bar from 33 to 46 cm long).
- Tire cover.
How to properly prepare the mixture:
- Unleaded petrol is accepted (octane number not lower than 90, not higher than 93).
- 2T oil for Husqvarna two-stroke engines.
- Ratio 50/1 (1 liter of fuel + 0.1 liter of engine oil).
- Half of the gasoline and all the oil are poured into the container, mixed thoroughly, the second part of the gasoline is added and everything is mixed again.
Preparations for launch
- Saw assembly.
- Mounting accessories, chain tension.
- Refuel the petrol device with a mixture of engine oil and fuel.
- Starting the chainsaw (strictly according to instructions).
- Function control: chain lubrication, whether the chain brakes when kicking back and idling.
Break-in time – 10 hours. During this time, the chainsaw works at half power. This is a necessary condition for grinding the piston, gears and other mechanisms that ensure the performance of the tool.
Servicing the Husqvarna 440 chainsaw
The maintenance is as follows:
- Cleaning work: filter, saw body, candle (from soot), oil guide grooves and carburetor.
- Carburettor adjustment.
- Chain sharpening.
- Refueling with technical liquids.
Why the Husqvarna 440 chainsaw does not start:
- No fuel;
- Carburetor not tuned;
- Piston wear;
- No spark on the candle;
- Ignition does not work;
- The filter is clogged;
- Poor quality fuel mixture.
We offer Download the full version of the original manual for the Husqvarna 440 chainsaw.
Husqvarna 440-Video in Action
Nicholas, 45 years old
I bought this chainsaw at my own risk. The price is significant, but the brand inspires confidence. There was a sad experience with the bison, I decided to trust a well-known brand. I bought a saw in the winter, used it mercilessly – cut logs for firewood, then built a woodshed, removed something from the tree plot … In general, I am happy with the purchase, I do not regret the money spent.
Advantages: comfortable, powerful, excellent cut.
Cons: expensive saw, expensive consumables, but I do not advise saving.
Sergey, 29 years old
Chainsaw of medium power and weight, very comfortable and unpretentious. I sawed it perfectly until I decided to save money and poured “foreign” oil … I almost ruined the engine, but I realized the reason in time and now I only buy Husqvarna engine oil.
Pros: Convenient, efficient.
Disadvantages: the price of saw and oil.
Taras, 41 years old
I worked in public service, so I had to work with a chainsaw like that. Having moved to the village, I realized that I could not do without a saw, so I decided to give preference to an already proven modification. I’ve been using the Husqvarna 440 for the second year, the chainsaw has performed perfectly: sawing logs, cutting boards, felling trees – what more do you need!?
Pros: reliable productive chainsaw.